The Secret Science Fair Project

In the library today, the students completely "lost their marbles" when we celebrated the invention of slime (a combination of glue, water, food coloring & borax...see the video below) and the molecular marvels of science!

The Secret Science Project That Almost Ate the School (Paula Wiseman Books)The Secret Science Project That Almost Ate the School by Judy Sierra
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My students loved this book! I thought it a great cross-curricular read in the library. I followed it up with the "creation of slime!" The kiddos went bonkers in the library and I couldn't get them to hush-up because their were electrocuted with slimy excitement. The book's an easy and enjoyable read. I used this years ago when it first came out. When I saw it on the shelf in the library, the flashback of fun that I had with my high school kids came flooding back. The illustrations are dynamic and unpretentious. I like the fact that the characters have a kind of wicked theme to them! The kids laughed and "eww(ed)" where appropriate! It's a winner for me! See my blog: for details: http://jeans23things.blogspot.com/201...

View all my reviews

The book title is The Secret Science Fair Project That Almost Ate the School by Judy Sierra with pictures by Stephen Gammell (Simon & Schuster, 2006).











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of the Year Newsletter!

Artificial Intelligence: Part of the Library Ecosystem

Using AI for Literacy: Exciting Prompts to Engage Learners and Librarians